Thursday, February 16, 2012

You Wanna Hear Something Funny? How About a Story About Bubblegum

          Everyone has always told me it is dangerous to drink and drive, but no one ever warned me of the dangers of chewing bubble gum and driving. Last year I went to a party at the house of some Biola seniors. The theme was "Back When It Was Cool."  We all dressed up in 90's outfits and The Backstreet Boys and other formerly popular bands blared from the speakers. It was a good time, and my favorite part had to be the bubble gum dispensers dispersed throughout the house. My jaw started to ache because I must have had about 20 pieces! Finally it was time to cap of the night and after a final dance, I gathered the people I transported to the party and we hopped back in the car.
          The party continued into the car as we turned on the dance music and sweated from the close proximity. There we were, six people in one car singing at the top of their lungs, dancing as much as the space would permit, and chewing some bubble gum. I opened the windows to get the air to circulate and that just added to the party atmosphere.
          I blew a nice big bubble, about the size of my head, if not bigger. Suddenly the breeze from the window caught it and the bubble was being sucked out of the car. Since it was so big, I didn't want it to pop because it surely would have splatted in my hair, so instead I let my head follow it outside. So here I am, with my head and my abnormally large bubble flailing out the window like the jowls of a St. Bernard when all of a sudden the other girls in the car give a high pitched squeal. I looked forward and realized I was just feet away from the car in front of me who had stopped at the red light. I slammed on the brakes and stopped literally two inches away from the vehicle and we all breathed a sigh of relief--the girls, because we didn't die, and me because the fast brake deflated the bubble and I was able to simply stuff the remains back in my mouth. Needless to say I will never blow bubbles to an open car window again.

No comments:

Post a Comment