Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Wagon Accident: An Eavesdropping Experience

           Upon eavesdropping in a coffee shop, I heard an interesting story that made little to no sense. I walked in and ordered my blended Chai Bomb before waiting patiently beside two extremely tall men, both adorned with plaid shirts. The two men in their late 30s to early 40s seemed to be old friends who were grabbing a cup of coffee to catch up, but their story just did not sound right. One of the men asked “How’s Linda?” and I picked up that Linda was his wife. Then Linda’s husband gave a not so normal answer to this question. He began explaining that Linda has been different ever since she was hit by the wagon. Linda and their son Johnny have been crooked ever since. He then went in to explanation about how their curvatures were different. I was completely confused. Was this guy Amish or something? Who gets hit by a wagon? As I contemplated how this was possible, I continued to listen for maybe two more minutes, where they discussed how Johnny was doing in school. You all will be proud to hear that out of all his classes, he only has one B. What a successful little boy. With that, I received my drink and walked out, still trying to process a modern day wagon accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment